Friday, June 27, 2014

Remembering a Coach


Said good-bye to a great man last week. The very first coach I ever had in organized sports playing little league baseball. I was the only girl on the team and the first girl he ever coached, and thankfully he treated me no differently than he treated the boys. He was tough, "old school", and could really let you have it, but he had a gentle loving soul that peeked through with a pat on the head or a punch in the shoulder when you did something well. Even later in life when the a punch in the arm turned into an embrace, the intensity in his eyes never left. He was a kind, giving, dedicated father,husband and grandfather. Thank you, Donny, for all that you taught me (and all of us) about the sport I love, about being tough through adversity, and about being loyal and dedicated to your children and family. You will be missed!

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/greenbaypressgazette/obituary.aspx?pid=171366871

No comments:

Post a Comment